EXOTIC EAST END EXPERIENCE
Culture & Food Experience of London’s East End (Includes Market visit)
On market day in London’s East End, taste the world in just a ½ square mile of the East End and sample its international and local culture. From Ghana to Bangladesh and learn a bit of some Cockney Rhyming slang on the way!
London. “Shoreditch High Street” Overground Station (only 1 Exit)
At 9.30 am every Sunday
Approximately 3 hours
All our experiences can be booked privately for groups!
BOOK YOUR EXPERIENCE
We are here to help you make up for the lost time, not restrict you to time. That is why there is NO expiration date on Gift Vouchers or Bookings! Just drop us a line when you are ready to go and we will get you booked in.
ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE
Our Exotic East End Experience reaches new cultural heights on Sunday: Market Day!
The Exotic East End Experience is elevated by this heady mix of extra cultural delights on market day Sunday! This is not simply a ‘food tour’ but a journey around the world and understanding and celebration of how the most diverse area of the most cosmopolitan city came to be. You’ll Taste Indian samosas, local oysters with a glass of Bubbly, Ghanian chocolate and “Jewish Beigels or Bagels” (depends on which side of The World you are). No visit to the East End would be complete without some Cockney banter, so you’ll learn bit o’ rhyming slang when it’s time to rest your ‘plates of meat’. This is the ultimate cultural journey in London’s backyard and carefully curated for every taste!
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Don’t miss The East End during Market day!
This is simply heaven for foodies, culture vultures, historians, and any visitor who wants to understand what really makes London tick; what it was, and what it is today. A real epiphany for any visitor to London and an offbeat experience for those looking for something completely different.
INCLUDED IN THIS EXPERIENCE
We start at Shoreditch High Street (overground station) next to the vibrant BoxPark. If you’re early there are lots of coffee shops and outdoor retailers to occupy yourself.
We will then set off through the markets of Brick Lane, with food from over 40 nations / regions available. Highlights / stop-offs will include:
- NPassionate local guide to take you off the beaten track and through the winding market streets of the East End
- NGet to “know your onions” with a traditional East End Cockney Rhyming Slang lesson
- NSample food & culture from around the world in a just half a mile
- NA choice from the famous “Beigel Bake” Jewish style with fillings such as hot salt beef with mustard, chopped herring, and cream cheese and salmon.
- NIndulge in a delightful cocoa experience with our Ghanaian chocolate specialist serving up hot chocolate with real crushed white and dark chocolate flakes!
- NGet spicy with freshly cooked East End Asian Samosas and a delicious sweet treat “Jelaby”
- NImagine Experiences is awarded with the Visit Britain “Good to Go” safety certificate and provides you with a PPE kit in your own drawstring souvenir bag
- NExtra Drinks
- NTransportation to & from the start/end of the experience
A 24-hour bakery with beigels so good people are queuing down the street.
A visit to the Ghanaian chocolatier ‘Dark Sugars’. Enjoy a very different culinary story and the opportunity to buy some sweets and homemade ice cream.
east end asian flavours
Our next stop has a distinctly East End Asian flavour. Sample the best sweet and savoury treats that the sub-continent has to offer, including Indian sweets and samosas.
End your experience in style at the English Restaurant, who confidently claim to provide the best oysters you’ll ever taste, best enjoyed with a glass of bubbly. As this is the East End, you’ll ‘ave a good ol’ `bubble` and some East End banterwith a bit of Cockney rhyming slang thrown in.
MEETING POINT & HOW TO ARRIVE
We start at Shoreditch High Street (Overground Station) next to the vibrant BoxPark. If you’re early there lots of coffee shops and outdoor retailers to occupy yourself.
“Shoreditch High Street” Overground Station
(only 1 Exit)
NEAREST PUBLIC TRANSPORT
- Shoreditch Overground Station
- Old Street (12 min walk)