EXOTIC EAST END EXPERIENCE
Culture & Food Experience of London’s East End
The East End of London is a metling pot of world culture and delicious food. We’ll take you on a culinary journey around the world tasting the food of different continents as you go. Jewish Beigels, Ghanaian chocolate, Indian samosas and sweets, and back to good old England for the world’s best oysters with bubbly! We’ll even wrap up the experience with a fun Cockney Rhyming Slang Lesson! This is much more than a food tour …
London. “Shoreditch High Street” Overground Station (only 1 Exit)
At 9.30 am every Saturday
Approximately 3 hours
All our experiences can be booked privately for groups!
BOOK YOUR EXPERIENCE
We are here to help you make up for the lost time, not restrict you to time. That is why there is NO expiration date on Gift Vouchers or Bookings! Just drop us a line when you are ready to go and we will get you booked in.
ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE
This is more than a food tour. We give you a complete experience of worldwide cuisine and at the same time we’ll celebrate the diverse culture of the most cosmopolitan city on earth! You’ll taste Indian samosas and sweet Jelaby, local oysters with a glass of bubbly, understand the story of cocoa with Ghanaian chocolate and savour the choice of Jewish Beigels (or Bagels depending on where you’re from). No visit to the East End would be complete without some Cockney banter, so you’ll learn a bit o’ rhyming slang before it’s time to rest your “plates of meat”. This is the ultimate cultural journey in London’s backyard; carefully curated for every taste!
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
This is simply heaven for foodies, culture vultures, historians and any visitor who wants to understand what really makes London tick; what it was and what it is today. A real epiphany for any visitor to London and an offbeat experience for those looking for something completely different.
INCLUDED IN THIS EXPERIENCE
We start at Shoreditch High Street (overground station) next to the vibrant BoxPark. If you’re early, there are lots of coffee shops and outdoor retailers to occupy you.
We will then set off through the markets of Brick Lane with food from across the Globe available. Highlights/stop-offs will include:
- NPassionate local guide to take you off the beaten track and through the winding market streets of the East End
- NGet to “know your onions” with a traditional East End Cockney Rhyming Slang lesson
- NSample food & culture from around the world in a just half a mile
- NA choice from the famous “Beigel Bake” Jewish style with fillings such as hot salt beef with mustard, chopped herring, and cream cheese and salmon.
- NIndulge in a delightful cocoa experience with our Ghanaian chocolate specialist serving up hot chocolate with real crushed white and dark chocolate flakes!
- NGet spicy with freshly cooked East End Asian Samosas and a delicious sweet treat “Jelaby”
- NSettle down in the glorious ambience and historic setting of The English Restaurant with mouth-wateringly fresh local oysters, made even more tasty with a glass of bubbly
- NExtra Drinks
- NTransportation to & from the start/end of the experience
A 24-hour bakery with beigels so good people are queuing down the street.
A visit to the Ghanaian chocolatier ‘Dark Sugars’. Enjoy a very different culinary story and the opportunity to buy some sweets and homemade ice cream.
east end asian flavours
Our next stop has a distinctly East End Asian flavour. Sample the best sweet and savoury treats that the sub-continent has to offer, including Indian sweets and samosas.
End your experience in style at the English Restaurant, who confidently claim to provide the best oysters you’ll ever taste, best enjoyed with a glass of bubbly. As this is the East End, you’ll ‘ave a good ol’ `bubble` and some East End banterwith a bit of Cockney rhyming slang thrown in.
MEETING POINT & HOW TO ARRIVE
We start at Shoreditch High Street (Overground Station) next to the vibrant BoxPark. If you’re early there lots of coffee shops and outdoor retailers to occupy yourself.
“Shoreditch High Street” Overground Station
(only 1 Exit)
NEAREST PUBLIC TRANSPORT
- Shoreditch Overground Station
- Old Street (12 min walk)